Friday, January 25, 2013

Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies


Dan asked me to bake some cookies and since Valentine's Day is just around the corner, I thought I'd try the Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies from Cooking Classy with a few minor modifications. I used 6 tbsp of salted butter rather than vegetable shortening and I used white chocolate shavings as well as white chocolate chunks rather than white chocolate chips. Ooey-gooey deliciousness. Hmm-mmm.



Here's what you'll need:
2 1/4 cup AP flour
2 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
14 tbsp salted butter, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tbsp red food colour or red gel
1 1/2 cups chopped white chocolate (I used the squares of Baker's chocolate)


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. 

In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until it's pale and fluffy. Add egg + egg yolk and mix until combined. Next, add the vinegar, vanilla, and red food colouring and mix until combined. 

Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the white chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips if you prefer). 



Scoop dough and roll into balls (I used about 2 tbsp of dough for each cookie —I like them big :)). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for 8-10 minutes. They will still appear very soft, but trust me, they're better this way. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. 





No comments:

Post a Comment