Friday, June 19, 2015

Fun Facts Friday

Hi Everyone! I thought I'd try one of these fun facts Friday posts, so I hope you find it interesting. It's mostly just a mash-up of random thoughts though haha

1. I have a table at the Farmer's Market in Grand Falls-Windsor, which I'm stoked about. I will admit that more time went into preparing for this event than I ever imagined. For some reason, I never thought I'd get tired of baking... haha Well, that time has come. Oh well, I think it's going to be fun and I'm super excited to be participating tomorrow :)


2. I finally have a gluten-free muffin recipe that tastes great, doesn't crumble, and is low in sugar. I have 25 ready to be sold at the market tomorrow, but I will post the recipe for these bad boys on the blog next week!



3. I also found an amazing gluten-free triple (yes, TRIPLE) chocolate cookie recipe that's amazing.



4. This morning, I went into Walmart with Finley to get ribbon, and came out with ribbon —plus this toy. I couldn't resist. He held onto it the whole way around the store and cried when the cashier had to take it to ring it through. Isn't he too young for this?!



5. I'm still going strong on my smoothie kick. I've been using this recipe (Cherry Banana Green Smoothie) most of the week, but today, I switched it up a bit and added in a few frozen mango chunks instead of banana. Oh man, I think this is going to be a new favourite combo. for me (the photo may not look appetizing but it was goooooooood).



6. I ran for thirty minutes straight on the treadmill today. It's nothing like the distances I was running, but maybe my foot is getting better? Ice, ice, baby. I'm still waiting on those sneakers though...



7. Finley made his first work of art with cherry juice. We call it 'Cherry Squeeze'.



8. My free NatureBox sample came in the mail today. I'm excited to try out some of the treats. In my package was jalapeƱo cashews, sweet blueberry almonds, masa crackers, cranberry medley, and dark cocoa nom noms. Go to to NatureBox get your free sample box!



9. I think we found a great group of friendly active people here in Grand Falls. I dropped into a Fundamentals for a realllll sweaty and awesome fitness class this week, and the owners are super nice. They offer a TON of great fitness classes with lots of variety, and they even have running and road/mountain biking groups! We're excited to try out some classes over the summer months.

10. Double Americanos are getting me through this week.



11. Finley and I are excited to celebrate Dan's first Father's Day this weekend :)





No comments:

Post a Comment