Monday, June 15, 2015

Skor Bar Squares



And, the baking marathon for the Farmer's Market continues... next up, Skor Bar Squares. These squares are hands down my favourite square. While there is nothing "healthy" or necessary special about them, they are addictively delicious!

My mom made a bunch of these for my baby shower. The night before the baby shower, she stored them at our place and left Dan and I in charge of cutting them up into squares—well that was a disaster haha I'm pretty sure I ate every other square! Seriously though, these are the best and when they're around the house, I lose all self-control.

Flash black to my baby shower and all of the delicious squares




Here's what you'll need for the base:

1 box of Original Ritz Crackers, crushed
1 package of Skor bits
1 can of sweetened condensed milk


Here's what you'll need for the buttercream frosting*:

1/2 cup salted butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups confectioner's sugar
2-3 Tbsp of milk

*For a great "how-to" buttercream frosting tutorial, visit The Kitchen Magpie.


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan. 

Crush up the Ritz Crackers. I do this by placing them in a large Ziploc bag and smashing them with my hands haha I'm sure there is an easier (but not more fun) way of doing this!

In a large bowl, combine the crushed Ritz Crackers, Skor bits, and sweetened condensed milk, stirring with a wooden spoon until combined.

Firmly press the mixture into the prepared baking pan. 

Bake for 10 minutes, then let cool.

While the base is cooling, prepare the buttercream frosting by beating the butter until creamy and smooth, then add in the icing sugar. Finally add in the milk and vanilla. Adjust the texture of the buttercream frosting by adding more confectioner's sugar or milk.


Once the base is cool, top with the buttercream frosting, and cut into small squares.


I always store my Skor bar squares in the fridge, but this isn't necessary. I simply like the firmness of them when they are cold.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment