Thursday, July 2, 2015

A Sweaty Workout and Great Post-Workout (or Anytime) Fuel



This morning I had a nice and sweaty workout on the bike. It looked something like this below, and then Dan and I did a strength circuit workout together.


Afterwards, I chowed down on this lovely breakfast/snack/brunch.



It's plain greek yogurt topped with PB2, rolled oats, unsweetened coconut flakes, crushed walnuts, and chia seeds. I've been loving this snack lately. It's super satisfying and jammed pack full of yummy nutrients. The greek yogurt, PB2, coconut flakes, walnuts, and chia seeds are all full of protein and fibre, which full contribute to you feeling satisfied for longer. Also, all this protein helps rebuild cells, and maintain healthy tissues and muscles.

I always have a bowl of fresh fruit sprinkled with cinnamon on the side that I mix into my yogurt as I eat it.


So, basically it's:

1 cup of Oikos Plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp PB2 or nut butter (more or less, depending on your preference)
1 Tbsp gluten-free rolled oats
1 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
1 Tbsp crushed walnuts (or other nut)
1-2 tsp chia seeds
1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen fruit, sprinkled with cinnamon





No comments:

Post a Comment