Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies


After supper, Dan and I were craving something sweet and our left-over Halloween candy wasn't quite "hitting the spot", so I decided to whip up a batch of peanut butter cookies. I hadn't tried this recipe before, but I was very pleased with it. I adapted it from Everyday Home Cook. We only had natural peanut butter and I added in some milk chocolate chips :)


What you'll need:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup crunchy natural peanut butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 brown sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, beat together the butter and peanut butter, then add the two sugars and beat until fluffy. Add the egg, milk, vanilla, and mix together until the mixture is nice and smooth. Now, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until everything is well blended. If you're using chocolate chips or any other add in, stir them in now. I did half of my cookies with chocolate chips and half without. Other great add-ins would be reese pieces candy or chopped reese pieces cups. Yum.

Form dough into ~1-inch balls, roll in white sugar, and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. The cookies may not look done, but they are; this is how you make sure they stay soft and chewy. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.




No comments:

Post a Comment