Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Raw Almond Butter


There is one thing that I love more than peanut butter and it is almond butter. Unfortunately, it's super expensive. I paid nearly 10 dollars for a tiny jar over the weekend!! I decided that it was time to start making my own, so I went out to the store and bought 4 cups of almonds (only 8 dollars).


What you'll need:

2 cups of almonds (or as many as you like)

Gradually add almonds to a food processor or blender. Process for 8-12 minutes, scrapping down the sides as you go. At first, the almonds will be a powder-like texture, but over time, they will turn into a smooth butter-like texture. Be patient. If you need to, add a little bit of oil to loosen the almonds up. I've also read a few blogs that suggest various add ins, such as honey, sea salt, cocoa powder, vanilla, etc. 

Two cups of almonds makes approximately one mason jar of almond butter. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment