Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mini Egg Blondies


On Valentine's Day, I came home to a nice clean house, a candle light dinner + Modern Family set-up —along with some pretty pink roses and a HUGE bag of mini eggs. I love mini eggs along with most other Easter related chocolate :) 



Given that my friend, Jenn's birthday is coming up and I have a massive bag of mini eggs, I thought I'd bake something her that involved these mini eggs.


Here's what you'll need:

2 cup AP flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup salted butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 cup mini eggs

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 9" pan.

In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.

In a large mixing bowl, beat melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy (~3 minutes). Add vanilla and eggs, and mix together. Slowly add the flour mixture (I did this by adding it in three parts and mixing after each addition; this prevents a mess of flour on the countertop) and mix until fully incorporated. Fold in the mini eggs.

Spread batter in the greased pan, smoothing over with a spatula or the back of a spoon.


Bake for 35 minutes or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.

Let cool and cut into bars :)






No comments:

Post a Comment