Thursday, March 12, 2015

A Day in the Life (with a 4-month old)



5:45 am: Wake-up to my alarm, throw on work-out clothes, and head down to the gym for a sweaty 15km run on the treadmill while listening to the Jillian Michael's Show podcast and watching the News.

7:20 am: Come back upstairs and play with my little boy while Dan gets ready for work (Finley woke-up around 6:30 am and Dan fed him; ps. he slept THROUGH the night for the second time in a row :))

7:35 am: Hop in the shower, get dressed

7:50 am: Dan leaves for work; I play with Finley.

8:10 am: Finley starts to get fussy, so I pop him in the Baby Bjorn on my chest. He falls asleep. I do my make-up, sterilize bottles, tidy up the kitchen a bit, have some coffee, and read a few blogs. All the while, Friends is playing in the background. I've currently been binge-watching Friends on Netflix... well, sometimes they're more of a background noise than anything, but I've definitely caught a number of hilarious scenes/episodes

9:00 am: I start writing this post. Finley wakes up. I chat with me. He's gotten so "chatty" lately. I absolutely love it.

9:15 am: I get a bottle ready to feed Finley.

9:20 am: I feed Finley (he's starting to take a good 40 minutes to finish the bottle because he's started been chatty and more social; also, he tries to be independent and hold his bottle, but usually puts it all over his face haha). I change him and burp him.

10:10 am: We get ready to head out. On the agenda is David's Tea (I need some form of liquorice root tea for my horribly sore throat as well as my all-time favourite: Forever Nuts!) and Target

10:30 am: Arrive at the mall, get tea, get out.

11:00 am: Get gas, go into Target for formula, diapers, and dish soap (30% off storewide! I'll take it)

11:30 am: Arrive home. Mom stops by for a visit.

12:00 pm: Mom feeds Finley, changes him, and burps him while I do a few things around our place (laundry, hair, etc.). He falls asleep in mom's arms.

1:10 pm: Finley wakes-up, so the three of us head out for some ice coffee and lattes. We sip on our coffees while driving around looking at nice houses. We also make a pit stop to the NSLC for some wine shopping.

2:00 pm: Arrive back home. Finley had a "poop explosion", so I end up having to bath him —and do more laundry.

2:30 pm: We all hang out on the couch, read books, and play.

3:00 pm: Finley starts to get fussy, so I pop him in the Baby Bjorn for a nap. He immediately falls asleep. Bridget comes and her and mom leave to go home (as an aside: Bridget bought Finley this super cute aquarium that attaches to his crib —it lights up, makes bubbles, and plays all kinds of soothing music/sounds)




3:30 pm: Eat. Hydrate. Watch an episode of Friends (LOVE IT!)

4:00 pm: Feed, burp, and change Finley.

4:30 pm: Dan arrives home and takes over for a bit. We chat about our day and play with Finley.

5:15 pm: I'm starting to get hungry, so Dan offers to make me breakfast for supper (egg white omlet with spinach, onion, red pepper, and goat cheese —and toast with copious amounts of almond  butter!).

5:30 pm: Supper is done. I eat. Dan entertains Finley.

5:50 pm: Finley gets fussy, so Dan puts him on his chest in the Baby Bjorn while he eats supper.

6:10 pm: Finley wakes up. We read Finley a couple of books, then I run out to Lawton's to return a breast pump.

6:30 pm: I get back home, hang out with my boys for a few minutes, then Dan's brother (Phil) stops by for a visit with us. He holds Finley and plays with him. We catch up with Phil. He's heading to the West Coast of NFLD for a ski trip tomorrow. A little bit jealous —although somewhere warm would be even nicer ;)

7:10 pm: Finley is hungry. I get a bottle ready. Dan feeds him. I change his diaper and put his jammies on. We tag-team the burping haha

7:40 pm: Finley says good-night to uncle Phil. Dan and I read Finley a bedtime story, give me lots of kisses, and lay him down in his crib.

8:00 pm: I grab a bowl of cereal and look up wedding stuff on Pinterest while chatting with Dan :)

8:45 pm: Get read for bed.

9:00 pm: Bedtime for me haha

ps. Finley has slept through the night TWO nights in a row now (8 30- 7 00 and 8 00- 6 30). Whooooooop!!






No comments:

Post a Comment