Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Energy Bites II



Here's another recipe for energy bites. I actually prefer this recipe as opposed to the one I posted a couple of weeks ago (Energy Bites).

This is a classic recipe. I've seen it floating around the internet quite a bit. It originally comes from Gimme Some Oven. She talks about how to you make different variations and/or substitutions.

I made about 80 of these for the Farmer's Market. They include really healthy, high quality ingredients, so they're a bit expensive to make, but they leave you feeling good after you've ate a couple. Also, they're fairly high in protein and fibre, which makes for a good pre- or post-workout snack.

I really enjoy nibbling on one with a cup of tea in the evenings. They can be like a 'healthified' dessert.


Here's what you'll need:

1 cup of oatmeal (I used GF rolled oats)
2/3 coconut flakes
1/2 cup peanut butter (regular or natural work)
1/2 ground flax seed
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup raisins
1/3 cup honey
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla

In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients, and either stir together with a spoon or use your hands. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes, then roll into balls of whatever size you want.

Store in a tupperware container the refrigerator for a week or so, or freeze.

My little muffin watching me bake. 

Working hard on his fine motor skills ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment