Thursday, June 4, 2015

Top 10 Favourite Foods

Today, I got up early and had a nice strength training session at the YMCA, then enjoyed a coffee at home with Finley and Dan.

Dan and Finley went to his parents for a bit this morning, which gave me some quiet time to have a hot bath and get ready for the day. I always appreciate a little time to myself.

Anyways, it's beautiful here. It's been in the twenties for the past couple of weeks, I we're going to try to get outside and enjoy the sunshine once Finley wakes up from his nap!



Now onto a fun idea... If you had to pick your top ten favourite foods, what would they be?

This is a hard one for me because I have soooo many favourite foods —mostly "snacky" type foods. But, after thinking about it, I think I can narrow it down to just 10 (not necessarily in order)...

1) PEANUT BUTTER/ALMOND BUTTER or basically just any nut butter. I'm obsessed. I seriously put this stuff on everything imaginable.

Edinburgh, Scotland, 2012 (My first taste of peanut butter after going five weeks without it... holy YUM!)


This is part of current collection of nut butter

2) Apples. I love a nice, hard, crisp apple like pink lady apples, gala apples, macintosh apples, and honey crisp apples. Yum.
Pink Lady apple

Apple picking in the Wolfville, NS, Fall 2014
3) Turkey. I love me a turkey dinner, but honestly just an oven roasted turkey without the trimmings is equally delicious.

4) Coffee, especially americanos.


L.L. Bean in Maine, 2013
Madrid, Spain, 2012


5) Cherries. You can buy a big bag of frozen pitted dark cherries from Costco and they're amazing. Fresh cherries were on sale here recently, so we stocked up. Dan's mom loves them as well, so one day I literally had six bags of cherries. I think the cashier thought I was nuts because I kept running back to get more bags while in line haha

Fresh cherries


6) Sweet potatoes. I love eating these with supper or as a snack. I usually roast them in the oven or on the BBQ with a little bit of olive oil, garlic, and pepper. I also loved them baked because they get all juicy and particularly sweet.

7) Ice cream is hands down one of my favourite foods. I don't have one particular flavour that I prefer. I like mixing a couple of different flavours. I really like any flavour that has a salted caramel twist in it like Privateer's Bounty. We've been eating ice cream every night for the past few weeks. This is a dangerous habit, but oh so good. I seriously can't resist ice cream!!

8) Chocolate. I love the Lindt Dark Chocolate Sea Salt chocolate bars, but I also love organic white chocolate that has a strong vanilla bean flavour —unfortunately I have yet to find this in Newfoundland.

Maine, 2013


9) Rice cakes... white cheddar is the bomb. I always have these topped with some form of nut butter and a wedge of laughing cow cheese, which takes me to my next favourite food...

10) Laughing cow cheese or any other form of soft cheese like feta or goat's cheese.

Crotia, Greece, 2012
Laughing cow wedge. My current obsession.


No comments:

Post a Comment