Wednesday, June 17, 2015

What I ate Wednesday (WIAW)

This week,  I'm joining in the 'What I ate Wednesday' blog posts. This all started by Jenn at Peas and Crayons, so you can jump over to her page to see what it's all about. Basically, she started it as a weekly food diary to reflect on her eating habits and patterns, but it quickly turned into a social event. There's no right or wrong way to eat, but this is a fun way to give everyone a peek into what others eat and also, new meal/snack ideas. And, just a note, I don't necessarily eat like this everyday, but it's just a random sample of what I did eat today.


Although I love breakfast foods, I'm not a breakfast person at all. In fact, I rarely eat in the mornings. But, I always have a cup or two... or three (if it was a reallll rough night) of coffee. This morning Dan and I treated ourselves to Americanos from the Daily Grind. I put some almond milk in mine.



Mid-morning I had a handful of trail mix.



I've been trying to eat with Finley at lunch time. I had a Gala apple sliced up with cinnamon and peanut butter, and eziekel flax toast with almond butter, a wedge of laughing cow cheese, and sea salt.  I know, I know, I've been told so many times how weird this combination is, but I truly love it. I also had a cup of Earl Grey tea and a big glass of water. Annnnnnd, I may have had a spoonful of peanut butter while I was waiting for my toast.





Meanwhile, Finley chowed down on a mix of broccoli, apple, and pear.... and he had puzzle pieces for dessert ;)






Before heading to a class at Fundamentals, I had a white cheddar rice cake topped with Jalapeño Greek Yogurt dip and pepper. Relish!


For supper, we had sweet potato and lentil curry (this is a recycled photo... this time I added some raisins to the slow cooker) over brown rice (x 2).



I always, always have a snack or two in the evenings. I'm definitely a night-time snacker, but it's when my appetite picks up, so ahhhh well. Tonight, I had some Nature Valley GF Sunrise cereal mixed with GF rolled oats, topped with shredded coconut, crushed walnuts, and cranberries.


THEN, I added blueberries, sliced banana, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk!! SO good. I was pretty hungry after the 'Daily Grind' class!



Annnnd, two of these



No comments:

Post a Comment