Friday, June 26, 2015

Gluten-free Morning Glory Muffins



Last week, I made some gluten-free Morning Glory muffins for the Farmer's Market using an all-purpose gluten-free flour. They were excellent for gluten-free muffins... they really held together nicely.

Personally, I'd prefer not to use any form of flour in my muffins (or sugar), so I experimented a bit this week and came up with a flourless morning glory muffin that I really like (also there is no white or brown sugar in them). The muffin is quite dense, but very moist and flavourful.

Here's what you'll need:

1/4 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 egg
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free)
2 Tbsp ground flax seed
1 Tbsp chia seed
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1 1/4 cup grated carrots
1 cup grated apple (I used a Gala apple)
1/3 cup walnuts
1/4 cup raisins
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes


Preheat the over to 375 degrees F. Prepare a muffin tin with 8 muffin liners.

In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, mix together the almond butter, egg, honey, rolled oats, ground flaxseed, chia seed, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger.

Fold in the grated carrots, grated apple, walnuts, raisins, and coconut flakes.

Pour batter into the prepared muffin tin (I filled each muffin cavity full) and bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops of the muffins are set and/or a toothpick comes out fairly clean.

Enjoy with butter (or more nut butter if you're like me ;))!!





No comments:

Post a Comment