Monday, June 15, 2015

Mars Bar Squares



This is a super easy recipe for Mars Bar squares. They ridiculously good squares but take minimal work to make —annnnnnd you don't have to turn on the oven. Whoop! I'm making them to sell at the Farmer's Market. I've done so much baking over the past week.... it's nuts. I never thought I'd get tired of baking, but I think I might be getting there...

Anyways, the first time I had these were at my Baby Shower. My brother's girlfriend, Jayna made them and was nice enough to share the recipe with me.


Here's what you'll need for the bottom layer:

4 Mars Bars
1/2 cup salted butter
2 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup shredded coconut (I used sweetened)


Here's what you'll need for the top layer:

1 cup chocolate chips (I used semisweet but Jayna uses milk)
1/4 butter


For the bottom layer, melt the butter and Mars Bars in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in the shredded coconut and Rice Krispies. Firmly press the batter into a lightly greased 8 x 8 inch square pan.

For the top layer, melt the chocolate chips and butter in a small saucepan or the in microwave. Pour over top of the bottom layer. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Keeping the squares refrigerated isn't necessarily but I like them better when they are a bit cold (they also freeze well).



No comments:

Post a Comment